Austin, Texas, USA
Engineering & Product – Engineering
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As an Engineering Manager at Cision, you will be responsible for a team delivering market leading solutions powered by large scale data systems and complex analytics. Your team will include a group of highly experienced full-stack engineers that design, build, test, deploy, maintain and support their work on a continuous basis. You will ensure that your team is engaged, growing professionally, and delivering high-quality, robust, and scalable software to production on a regular basis.
- Lead daily activities of engineering team through SDLC and agile ceremonies
- Mentor team members in both their technical and professional development
- Working in close collaboration with Product Management and other stakeholders to build and define a prioritized product backlog that is continuously delivered
- Advocate for engineering-led initiatives that improve speed, quality, agility, and developer experience
- Participate as a member of the global engineering leadership team to build relationships and collaborate with other engineering teams and leaders
- Continuously optimize team and development processes
- 3+ years in a management role leading a team of software engineers
- 5+ years of professional technical experience delivering software as part of a development team
- Technical acumen to understand and apply applications, development methodologies, test automation, and continuous integration strategies
- Clear ability to pragmatically balance business priorities with technical constraints
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of SDLC and ensuring reliable delivery of features to production
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring engineers in an agile environment
- Experience using agile processes like Kanban and Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent self-study
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4