ServiceNow Sr. Developer
Remote - India /
Information Technology – Information Technology /
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Responsible for configuring, administering and maintaining the ServiceNow ITSM platform and additional applications and modules as well as configuration and customization / enhancements of the ServiceNow platform, including workflow creation.
Owns the full life cycle of the ServiceNow platform implementation process as new versions and modules are rolled out and new applications are identified, from strategy and design to training and delivery. Gather, document, and analyze business and technical requirements to improve system capabilities and automate process flows. Evaluates and manages platform upgrades offered by ServiceNow.
- Managing ServiceNow platform enhancements and workflow design requirements in concert with a ServiceNow partner organization.
- Administering, configuring and developing capabilities to configure the ServiceNow platform to align with IT Service Management policy, process and procedures.
- Gathering requirements from service owners for new functionality, reports & automation.
- Understanding IT and business requirements with ability to create, test and deploy business rules and scripts that reflect these requirements.
- Configuring and administering the ServiceNow platform user interface, screen elements, workflows, mobile interfaces, plugins and branding.
- Managing and administering lists, filters, forms, platform interfaces (to other data sources) and the data within tables, import sets and the CMDB.
- Managing and administering ServiceNow users, groups, and all the various roles.
- Assisting the Service Catalogue Analyst in developing, building, testing, deploying and updating items within the Service Catalogue and corresponding items in the Self-Service Portal.
- Supervise and participate in the development, testing, deploying and updating of workflows.
- Configuring and maintaining application security across all modules and interfaces.
- Identifying integration requirements with external systems (e.g. SolarWinds, Splunk, SCOM, Ariba, etc.) and orchestrate IT automation.
- Administering ServiceNow applications, including updating security and workflow configurations, importing data, creating custom scripts, and building reports.
- Developing, building, testing, deploying and updating alerts and notifications using e-mail and other messaging capabilities within the platform.
- Ongoing maintenance that includes managing ServiceNow update sets, monitoring and actioning where necessary from the upgrade histories and status information.
- Ensuring the best performance from the system and troubleshooting and escalating system issues when they arise.
- Setting up and managing the use of social IT functionality within the platform.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for the ServiceNow platform and the various integrations into and out of the platform to other data sources and applications.
- Performing daily operational management and administration activities as needed.
- Producing reports and dashboards based on defined measures, metrics and key performance indicators.
- Recommending any improvements regarding the platform, processes or reporting.
- Ensuring policies are reflected in the way the platform is administered.
- Working closely with IT service owners and delivery leads to ensure the smooth delivery of IT solutions.
- Configuring and implementing ServiceNow scripts in the form of business rules, client scripts, UI actions and UI policies.
- Participate in end user.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, and,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role with a company of at least 5,000 employees.
- Solid knowledge of ITIL and IT support processes.
- Solid ServiceNow API configuration knowledge and operational experience.
- 4+ years of experience in overall IT Service Management environments with a strong working knowledge of various ServiceNow applications such as Service Desk, Change Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management and Service Catalog/Service Request Management.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.