Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Engineering & Product – Engineering
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a member of the Influencer Platform Software Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in developing industry transforming applications for the organization's Influencer and Opportunity offerings. We seek an innovative engineer with experience at a startup or enterprise level and ideally from a SaaS environment.
- Working with our core influencer services and APIs
- Leading development of significant components on the platform and driving the future direction of the product
- Working in a collaborative and agile development process closely with QA, Architecture, and Product Management
- Understanding key business needs and develop data solutions
- Developing standards to ingest and enrich existing influencer profiles
- Curating Cision’s influencer discovery services and APIs
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for Cision’s Influencer profiles
- Building and implementing data integrations with industry leading partners
- Implementing strong proactive monitoring of all partnership integrations
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Proficiency developing in Java or Go
- Expertise with Elastic, API gateways, MongoDB, and common data integration frameworks
- Expertise creating RESTful APIs
- AWS proficiency
- General knowledge of Relational Databases
- Understanding of data privacy & data protection
- Understanding of security best practices including penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
- Experience supporting a high-volume internet facing web applications
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with data intensive, enterprise level applications and be passion for scalable solutions to real business problems
- Technical acumen to drive industry changing software solutions forward within a highly motivated team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or commensurate industry experience
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4