Reston, Virginia, USA
Marketing & Communications – Marketing
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
A news-monitoring and analysis boutique within Cision, Bulletin creates bespoke, expert-curated briefings and dashboards for approximately 150 of the most demanding clients in the world; chief executives who are household names, and their Comms and other teams. Client contracts are for as much as $1mm per year. Annual client-retention rates are typically in the mid-90% range. Bulletin was acquired by Cision in March 2017.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating consumer-facing collateral such as digital ads, landing pages, emails, presentations, flyers, and blog posts. The Graphic Designer will design and develop email briefings to the brand specifications of our clients, of which include Fortune 50 companies, government agencies, and major healthcare associations. The Graphic Designer is expected to communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met with design projects. This position reports to the Creative Director in the Design Department, which is a resource for sister organizations Bulletin Intelligence, Bulletin Healthcare, and Bulletin Media.
This role requires creativity, attention to detail, communications skills and an understanding of the importance of great design in content and communications that engages with the company's key business-to-business audiences, including communicators in the corporate, financial, healthcare, and professional and consumer sectors.
The role also requires great flexibility as the business' sales and marketing efforts engage a range of different business audiences through a spectrum of digital and experiential channels. This means it will involve working on responsive web sites, digital campaigns, microsites, interactive, infographics, email and social media assets as well as physical banners and branded collateral for events.
You will help us by:
- Developing and maintaining a consistent brand voice throughout all sales and marketing communications, collateral and content
- Managing design projects - across many different digital and experiential channels - from start to finish, from ideation to implementation to promotion
- Working with internal colleagues and external agencies and partners to improve the brand experience and design as the business evolves
- Generating ideas and organizing execution of design-led projects from web sites to sales collateral and business cards that support different aspects of a modern media business
- Responding to business and client feedback to improve design and user experience
- Generating templates to empower different areas of the business to produce design-led sales and marketing communications (eg pitch decks, sales packs and more)
- Organizing workflow and prioritizing projects to manage delivery of different projects to deadline and meet the needs of a range of different internal stakeholders
- Learning new design skills, tools and techniques
You will be a good fit if you have:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Portfolio of previous work/case studies
- Strong grasp of English language and grammar
- Proficiency in Adobe CC Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Mastery of typography, color, clean white space, grids, and layout
- Proficiency in front-facing HTML/CSS (ex. building a simple landing page)
- Proficiency in production design (ex. resizing ads to multiple formats)
- Good communication skills
You will be a great fit if you also have:
- Understanding of Email Marketing and cross-client compatibility
- Understanding of CMS platforms (Wordpress, etc.)
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4