Associate Product Manager
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Engineering & Product – Product
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision is looking for a creative and highly driven Associate Product Manager to help manage development of distribution capabilities within the core product team. Working with stakeholders across the organization, the Associate Product Manager is responsible for product lifecycle activities, including, but not limited to:
- Scoping candidate projects and defining the product requirements
- Setting and maintaining a roadmap
- Building and prioritizing requirements in the form of user stories with acceptance criteria
- Utilizing product development tools like Jira and Productboard to build stories and collaborate with teams
- Serving as the liaison between stakeholders and development teams
- Working with Product Managers to understand cross-product implications of projects
- Working with Engineering and QA teams to execute on projects
- Coordinating with Product Marketing on pricing, promos, packaging, and go-to-market requirements
- Obtaining, organizing, and acting on feedback from stakeholders regarding existing or future products
- Identifying, testing, and contracting with vendors
- Serving as product and capability expert to stakeholders across the organization
- Supporting other projects as needed
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with PR Newswire distribution products
- Keen ability to understand customer problems and come up with elegant solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to juggle and prioritize across many concurrent activities
- Strategic thinker who sees the big picture while still able to focus on the details
- Able to effectively build consensus
- Self-starter who is able to independently own and deliver on a diverse range of projects
- Strong organizational and procedural skills
- Experience in creating features for online SaaS products in media industry a plus
- Knowledge of PR/Corporate Communication market and customers
- Knowledge of eCommerce and content delivery systems in media industry
- a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Interest in and knowledge of social media tools
- Experience in product development and/or product marketing
- Experience in market and customer analysis
- Experience selling or supporting Investor Relations products
- Experience selling or supporting International Distribution
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 5,000 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4