New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 5% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
The Product Manager will be instrumental in solving our greatest challenges, including our goal to decentralize operations, scale to handle different use cases, manage complexity and configurability tradeoffs, enhance community features, allow greater content contributions from users, and ultimately reach over 10% of NYC users and beyond. The Product Manager will collaborate closely with the Engineering team to connect business with engineering solutions through product.
- Work closely with developers and designers to deliver a world-class consumer-facing application
- Communicate with cross-functional and leadership teams to identify product opportunities, gather requirements, and develop user stories
- Set a product roadmap and communicate priorities to the engineering team
- Work with engineering to get new features over the finish line: create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, and release checklists
- Conduct user testing and glean insights from your experiments
- Create and develop metrics to evaluate usage and success of the Citizen app
- Monitor and measure the success of product implementations, iterating as needed to improve mobile user experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 5-10 years experience of consumer product management
- Outstanding product sense
- Practical knowledge of native app development on iOS and Android, along with the associated design patterns
- Understanding of user-centered design as it relates to improving mobile experiences
- Experience writing user stories as a product manager
- Enjoys teaching and collaborating with others
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.