New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 6% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
The Expansion team is responsible for bringing Citizen to cities across the globe.
As one of the first members of the Expansion team, you will help us hone our launch and territory expansion strategy. It takes a mixture of marketing creativity, analytical brains, pure hustle, and #protecttheworld passion to quickly light up a new city. We need your analytical and operational capabilities to make sure we're pointing resources in the most leveraged directions.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new market expansion
- Drive analysis on company-wide projects that inform strategic decisions
- Coordinate with other members of the Operations, Expansion, and Product teams
- Identify operational tweaks and innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- Analyze and garner insights from operational, product data, and public sources of information to guide company-wide decision making processes
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- 2+ years of experience working in a small, fast-growing tech company, investment banking, or consulting
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data to drive business decisions
- Excellent analytical background - SQL is a must. The ability to self-serve, investigate, and obtain data is required. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.