New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 6% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
Citizen is looking for our first finance and analytics hire to help us protect the world. As a Financial Analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to partner with our executive leadership team to help develop our financial management and organization, as well as advise on key financial decisions for the company. The role offers high exposure to our leadership team and the early-stages of startup finance.
- Lead Citizen's budgeting, modeling, and planning efforts as it relates to forecasting and business model strategies
- Own the day-to-day management of key financial processes, such as payroll, policy management, and key performance indicators
- Build out core financial and accounting processes and systems to help Citizen scale nationally
- Identify and implement business operations improvements to ensure scalability of the operation
- Become a subject-matter expert in all matters of internal financial reporting
- Serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner to our leadership team in helping with analytical projects and strategic decision making
- 2-3 years of work experience in a finance or accounting role
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated, hard-working, and a passion for protecting the world
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively get stuff done
- Experience at a fast-paced, high-growth start-up or investment banking
- Strong Excel/Google Sheet skills
- Knowledge of financial concepts and GAAP accounting
- Knowledge of NetSuite or QuickBooks a plus
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.