Social Media Manager
New York City /
Business – Creative /
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By growing situational awareness and visibility, we are making communities safer than ever before.
Since our launch in New York, over 10% of New Yorkers have now used Citizen, and that growth is accelerating. We're now live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, with many more cities on the way. Citizen notifications have urged people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and have even led to a rescue of a 1-year-old from a stolen car.
We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
Citizen is looking for a highly-creative and experienced Digital Producer to join our small but mighty Content Studio team. You’ll be in charge of everything social and play a key role in communicating to our users, so you have to be confident and professional at all levels.
- Oversee the distribution of digital media created within the app, as well as content custom produced by the team.
- Create and manage a content calendar for newsletter and all social platforms.
- Develop social assets including visuals and copy for social strategy across platforms resulting in growth.
- Collaborate with editor and designer creating daily content across platforms.
- Concept and execute social marketing campaigns.
- Track and measure success of social media initiatives with data and analytics.
- Work with creative and product teams with executing product announcements.
- Communicate with users through social channels.
- Manage talent and influencer booking and scheduling.
- Keep track of monthly studio expenses.
- 3-5 years social media managing and/or marketing experience.
- Excellent communication skills, and experience using project management tools like: Airtable and Asana
- Exceptional social and data analysis skills with a good grasp of Twitter and Facebook insights.
- A passion for news, both local and global.
- Obsessive social media user- you’re constantly on your phone and know when to hop onto a hashtag bandwagon, and when it’s not on-brand.
- Experience or desire for experience at a startup, where no job is too small and no goal is too big.
- Sense of humor always helps!