New York City
Technology – Product
Citizen is a free app that keeps you and your loved ones safe.
It is a powerful force for good that has already evacuated people from burning buildings, diverted school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and, in one instance, led to the rescue of a one-year-old boy from a stolen car.
Using our unique technology, 911 alerts are made available to the public and are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content to provide you with the information you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. Today, well over 1 million people use Citizen to keep themselves, their families, and their friends safe.
This year will see Citizen expand further across the United States with the express mission of making your world a safer place. We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founders Fund and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
We are looking for an experienced human-centered researcher and strategist to help Citizen build a culture of empathy and clarify some of our most ambiguous questions on how to help people feel safe. You have a background in design and strategy, as well as research, and are comfortable wearing many hats in a fast-paced startup environment.
You’ll be a partner to the Head of Product in shaping the company’s direction, roll up your sleeves to do design research, as well as build out a team over time.
- Distill complex and sometimes ambiguous problems into clear and concise design strategies
- Lead the design process from framing challenges, to research, to concept and implementation
- Work cross-functionally across our design, product, engineering, and data science teams
- Interpret and surface research insights to drive maximum impact across creative decisions
- Help hire and grow a team of design strategists
- 3+ years of experience in design strategy or design research
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- True entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.