New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 6% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
As one of our first Launchers, you will be tasked with launching / developing a new city and operationalize Citizen's App within a matter of weeks. It takes a mixture of marketing creativity, analytical brains, pure hustle, and #protecttheworld passion to bring a new city to life quickly. We need you to be the face of Citizen as we build from the ground up, so we need the best.
- Develop and execute tailored, city-specific expansion plans.
- Serve as Citizen's spokesperson to the public safety enthusiast community. Engage external parties, public safety committees, and occasionally with local media.
- Develop partnerships with government agencies in conjunction with central Policy / Comms team.
- Recommend, execute, and measure the effectiveness of numerous different grassroots and public relations campaigns.
- Analyze and present insights from user data and member feedback. Communicate feature requests to our product development team in New York.
- Quite simply, do whatever it takes to introduce cities to Citizen. Some days, this may mean analyzing data, and other days, it may mean hopping on a plane to close a local partnership.
- 3+ years of experience working in a small, fast growing tech company, investment banking, or consulting
- Analytical background - experience with spreadsheets and SQL a must
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data to drive business decisions.
- Natural affinity for building community. Deep belief in our mission of making our communities safer through transparency and information.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.