Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Lead
New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 6% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
Citizen is searching for a Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Lead who will play a key role in building strategic relationships with the public sector (Police Departments / Fire Departments / First Responders / Mayors / Governors / State and Government). In this role, you will be responsible for driving adoption of Citizen's technology nationwide in order to continue on our mission to Protect the World.
- Create, develop, and foster relationships with Government agencies, first responders, etc. to bring Citizen nationwide
- Demonstrate platform capabilities to various audiences, ranging from senior public sector officials to the individual user level
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and focused symposiums to increase Citizen’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- 7+ years work experience, with past success in sales or business development, ideally in startup or growth-stage companies
- Prior experience closing and working with the public sector
- Experience selling complex products / enterprise software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- True entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
- Significant experience working directly with C-level executives
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.