Field Operations Lead
New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We open up the 911 system to everyone, creating access to real-time crime and safety information.
We send millions of crime, fire, and other safety notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before. We’re currently operating in New York, San Francisco, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia, with more cities coming very soon.
We are looking for a Field Operations Lead to help own hardware deployment and technical support. This job is based out of our New York City office, but involves up to 50% travel.
Why Is This Role Important?
Our team builds and manages infrastructure to ingest and analyze data feeds used to send out these safety alerts. Without growing and maintaining our hardware infrastructure, we can’t effectively serve our users. As a Field Operations Lead, you’ll own deployment and maintenance of our infrastructure, from QA all the way to on-site deployment.
- Maintain and coordinate our parts and hardware inventory
- Assemble and QA hardware devices alongside our engineering team
- Occasionally travel to new cities prior to launch to set up or maintain hardware
- Coordinate all shipping, deployment, and maintenance schedules
- Remotely guide non-technical audiences through installation or troubleshooting over the phone
- Monitor device metrics to identify potential issues and facilitate resolution
- Be an A+ problem-solver, thinking critically to get to the root of problems
- Highly-organized and able to manage a complex build, QA, and deployment schedule
- Be able to configure network/IP settings in various environments
- Know how to simplify technical concepts when conducting step-by-step hardware/software support
- Be comfortable managing complex spreadsheets or equipment databases
- Be comfortable traveling up to 50% of the time (will vary)
- Nice to have: Experience configuring RF equipment/understanding of RF theory