New York City
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 3% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months.
We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
At Citizen we ship early and often, and you will have the opportunity to own as much of that process as you can-- from ideation and planning to development and launch. You will work closely with design and engineering teams to deliver a simple and thoughtful experience for all features we build.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to define and deliver features
- Design wireframes, flows, sketches and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Design a cohesive UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow for the Citizen mobile app
- Champion and communicate ideas across our Product and Engineering teams
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality feature implementation
- Design with an awareness of constraints and limitations as they apply to mobile
- Help run qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points to inform feature development
- 5+ years of experience working in Product Design, ideally with a focus on mobile design
- An exceptional portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design
- Knowledge of up-to-date UX best practices for mobile platforms
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, mobile platform design guidelines, with the ability to create detailed specifications and style guides
- Enjoys coaching and collaborating with others
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.