NodeJS Microservices Developer
In 2014, Vitalik Buterin announced Ethereum to a standing ovation at the Miami Bitcoin conference. Ethereum elevates Bitcoin’s idea of a distributed ledger into something much more profound: a distributed world computer. Our mission is to facilitate token liquidity so interacting with programmable money is as frictionless and low cost as possible.
You’ll be a member of an elite distributed proprietary market-making firm and work on cutting edge technology that will significantly impact the Ethereum ecosystem.
You’ll spend time working on different Node.js microservices, contribute to architecture and planning discussions, and take ownership of writing efficient well-tested code that will be deployed into a production environment where large amounts of value are at stake.
As a key contributor at one of the top market-making firms in the digital currency space, you’ll have a front-row seat to the blockchain revolution. Your programming abilities will be pushed to new limits and you’ll develop a significant depth of knowledge around risk-taking and the mechanics of financial-markets and cryptocurrency. You’ll have an opportunity to grow with the firm and make a significant impact on the development of our business and the Ethereum platform as a whole.
Core Technical Abilities
- Microservices Architecture
Within 1 month you'll
- Understand the basic mechanics of financial markets and the vision of the firm
- Get acquainted with Ethereum and how blockchains function
- Be comfortable using all the relevant tools for collaborating remotely (Slack, GitHub, 1Password, appear.in, Trello)
- Write code daily and deploy to our development and production environments
Within 3 months you’ll
- Appreciate the subtleties of order books, trading and the short-term structure of financial markets
- Have a high-level awareness of the different components of our trading services
- Be contributing to multiple trading microservices
- Begin to form your own ideas about how to improve our performance
Within 6 months you'll
- Have a deep understanding of the firm's vision and the roadmap for achieving it
- Be a relative Ethereum expert
- Have a sophisticated understanding of financial markets and the relevant strategies for market making
- Be comfortable creating and deploying trading microservices as needed
Within 12 months you'll
- Vest your first stock options and have an ownership stake in a highly profitable and rapidly growing market-making firm
- Be a thought leader in the company within your area of expertise
- Mentor new employees
- Write sophisticated microservices that interact with our trading services and contribute to our overall profitability
Learn more about our vision (and prepare for an interview) by checking out this podcast with Citizen Hex CEO Benjamin Roberts:
We look forward to hearing from you!