Strategic Partnerships Lead
Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Operations – Sales /
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Strategic Partnerships Lead is responsible for developing and leading our partnerships strategy in the materials development and scientific software markets. From concept to execution, the Lead will develop relationships, business cases, and alignment with external and internal partners to drive Citrine’s business objectives.
ABOUT CITRINE INFORMATICS
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed. We are the industry leader in materials informatics, applying data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group, and was named one of the Most Promising AI Startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
With a cutting edge technology originally built by materials scientists, our team has grown to include professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 500 materials and product companies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re growing fast, and the Strategic Partnerships Lead will have a significant impact on Citrine’s shape, direction and growth by developing the strategy and delivering value through productive alliances. The successful candidate can think and act both strategically and tactically, from pitching ideas to partners, creation and analysis of business impact, through negotiation and execution. They have a track record of achieving great results through partnerships, and shown to be a passionate business leader who is excited to build from the ground up. This person is creative, ambitious, and excited to try new things and identify areas of scale, while being passionate about measuring results and ROI. They thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment with many touch points.
- Develop, scale, and execute Citrine’s partnership strategy and accelerate our business goals
- Engage partners in initiatives that optimize ROI, reach, strategic long- and short-term business and service relationships, while managing for legal, resourcing, and technical risks
- Build deep, high-value collaborative relationships with counterparts at partner firms that promote alliance and a scalable shared vision
- Champion and frame opportunities across Citrine’s executives and internal teams, and collaborate on partnership assessment, resource investments, prioritization, sustainability, and expansion
- Lead deal structure, contract negotiation, implementation, and relationship management
- Develop visibility and tracking through data-driven metrics and KPIs that drive partnership revenue and efficiency
- Leverage global chemical and industrial manufacturing contacts for collaboration and insight into emerging trends
- Serve as a thought partner to global industry executives
Skills and Qualifications
- >5 years of experience successfully developing strategic alliances, product relationships, and channel agreements
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing strategic partnerships with large enterprise companies in the manufacturing, chemical, or materials industries
- Full stack operator who can develop clear objectives and business strategy from concept to delivery
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing colleagues, driving timely tactical decisions to advance objectives
- Highly personable with a network of relationships in manufacturing and materials
- Has a strong product and business sense, with a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving and ideation
- Data-driven and results-focused, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional customer/market research, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled diplomat with proven conflict-resolution skills, high level of confidence and maturity with solid experience working across large corporations in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated success using critical thinking to formulate strategic direction and success at skillful negotiation and strategy implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to build strong relationships, particularly with sales, field and product organizations and partners, and an ability to be highly successful in a matrix management organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 Tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget