Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Operations – Sales /
As we continue to grow our book of business and look to further our commitment to customer success for our strategic clients, Citrine is looking for a top performing Account Executive with a technology sales background.
ABOUT CITRINE INFORMATICS
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed. We are the industry leader in materials informatics, applying data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group, and was named one of the Most Promising AI Startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
With a cutting edge technology originally built by materials scientists, our team has grown to include professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 500 materials and product companies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we continue to grow our book of business and look to further our commitment to customer success for our strategic clients, Citrine is looking for a top performing Account Executive with a technology sales background. In this role, you will ensure the continuation of healthy client relationships and work side-by-side with our clients and their internal stakeholders to develop strategic execution plans that drive measurable success, develop long-term client satisfaction, and expand contract values. As an Account Executive at Citrine you will be an integral part of our growing team, collaborating closely with the Customer and Delivery, Data Science and Data Engineering, Product Design, Engineering, and Leadership teams. You will embody our company vision of applying technology to materials and chemistry R&D for societal good, and continue to build on our trajectory as the leader in bringing AI to the development of new materials.
- Build strong client relationships by developing a deep understanding of your accounts and tailoring Citrine’s value proposition to meet their needs
- Collaborate closely with our Customer Delivery and Data Science and Engineering teams to ensure successful delivery for your accounts and shape product enhancements and go-to-market initiatives
- Develop account-based plans and track key performance indicators to drive revenue and account expansion; make customers referenceable, generating various sales assets (Case Studies, Videos, etc.) with them co-presenting in a variety of forums (Webinars, Events, etc.) based on high level of deployment/adoption/results success
- Build consensus and develop relationships at multiple levels – executive sponsors, influencers, decision makers, and buyers
- Identify customers at risk and provide the support necessary to retain and make them successful
- Achieve (or exceed) personal revenue targets to drive growth for the company
- Work in a fast paced, results-oriented, collaborative environmentMaintain fluency in Citrine’s products and services to deliver value in the marketplace
- Quota responsibility of $1 million+ of individual contract value within a territory of named client accounts
- Manage the entire sales cycle from the customer adoption process, renewal, upsell, and cross-sell Build proposals and handle complex negotiations
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven success in technology-related sales or business development experience in a B2B environment
- 2+ years of account management or solution selling
- Ability to learn technical language and concepts that bridge materials science and chemistry, artificial intelligence, and business value
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and general communication skills with C-level clients and decision makers
- Excellent relationship-building skills to coordinate the involvement of a cross-functional team in order to advocate for customer needs
- Strong functional consultative approach to selling
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High level of business acumen
- Willingness and ability to learn more in-depth knowledge of Citrine’s products and services
- Ability to demonstrate senior sales member leadership through coaching, mentoring developing other team members
- Availability to travel 25-50% of the time (depending on COVID-19 safety measures)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Past experience working in an early stage start-up environment
- Past experience selling a technical product
- Familiarity with large enterprise sales techniques
- Knowledge of chemistry/materials science and statistics
- French or German oral and written fluency
- A healthy curiosity and interest in AI, and its impact in the future of civilization
- A desire to be an early employee in a fast-growing startup with huge potential
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 Tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget