Senior Product Manager
Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Product – Product /
Deliver data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products that power the development of next-generation materials and chemicals.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new green, sustainable, and high-performance materials are developed. We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools customized to materials applications. Our users are scientists and engineers at large manufacturing and materials companies, as well as researchers at universities and government labs. Our platform is an essential workflow tool that enables these users to accelerate the development of new materials by systematically leveraging their data. Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the World Economic Forum as a Tech Pioneer 2017, and won the Best-in-Biz Start-up of the Year Award in 2018. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us. We have locations and customers in North America and Europe (Germany specifically).
In this role, you will contribute to the mission of delivering the right tools, services, and technology to our customers. You are excited by the opportunity to drive revolutionary change in the materials industry, and comfortable collaborating with researchers and data scientists to distill their objectives, understand their pain points, and appreciate the power of bringing the right workflows and tools to their research. You thrive working autonomously and collectively with super smart colleagues and customers who are changing the world.
In this role, you will drive and define SaaS product strategy, goals, and requirements working with cross-functional teams to execute and deliver on the next phase of Citrine’s AI and Data services. With a focus on the future, the Product Management team works closely with creative engineers, designers, and researchers to develop tools and technologies that grow the field of Materials Informatics. We're responsible for guiding products from concept to execution for some of the world’s leading companies by analyzing, positioning, and tailoring our solutions to the market as it matures.
- Understand the current market landscape and articulate how your product fits into the ecosystem.
- Define the strategy, goals, roadmap and requirements of your product and execute the product vision for Citrine’s users.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, researchers, design, and other internal stakeholders to identify and implement customer workflows and scalable solutions.
- Communicate strategy, requirements, roadmap, and project status across Citrine.
- Manage product expectations, roadmap, dependencies, metrics, and releases while iterating and prototyping to test hypotheses with customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- Extensive experience in enterprise SaaS product delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Hands on experience with Agile Scrum or Lean methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and logic skills.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to build strong, productive relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Excited to be innovative in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field.
- Familiarity with data science, data analytics, scientific software, machine learning, or similar products for expert users.
- Experience in the materials or chemical development or manufacturing industries is a big plus!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 tech allowance