Security Analyst I/II
F&A – Security /
Reporting directly to the Director of Security / IT / CISO, the Security Analyst I/II will have responsibilities in Information Technology, Governance, Risk & Compliance, and Information Security Operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about building a career in Information Security and understands that continuous education and skills-building are the keys to success.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences. In 2021 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group. We earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. In 2021, we also gained our third patent for materials-specific ML technology.
As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us. Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have employees across the country including the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
Initial duties include supporting the user community of employees and contractors at Citrine Informatics by:
- Configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, and remotely managing Macbook laptop computers, iPads, and iMac desktops using JAMF Pro (Cloud)
- Supporting end-user applications: Google workspaces, Office 365, various browsers, and open-source applications
- Vulnerability management (Patch & remediation) Anti-Malware (FortiEDR)
As the Security Analyst demonstrates aptitude and ability, they will begin on-the-job training in the following:
- Identity and Access Management for SaaS: Google, Office 365, GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Box, and dozens of other systems utilized by Citrine Informatics
- AWS Security, log collection and integration with SIEM
- CASB for SaaS security, File and Folder security and sharing management
- Privilege management, Change Management & Incident Management
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance and Information Security Management System
- Privacy compliance for Global companies (GDPR, etc.)
Our internal career path is designed to promote from within from entry-level to management. This position is only for the career-minded professional. The expectations we have for the candidate in the first and second year with Citrine Informatics are that they demonstrate professional abilities in the following areas:
1. Governance Risk and Compliance: ISO / IEC 27001:2013 (Purpose, Organization, Controls, Audit) & Regulatory standards (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
2. Information Security Operations: Incident Response procedures, Log and Alert management
3. IT support: Demonstrates working knowledge of Mac operating systems, remote management with JAMF Pro, Office 365, G-Suite, and a significant list of other SaaS applications.
4. Customer Service: Demonstrates professional Customer Service skills in a support role5. Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education.
Skills and Experience
- No Certifications are required initially. However, the candidate must plan and execute training to prepare for an initial Industry Standard Security certificate within the first year
- Can independently execute on individual problems
- Can assume the lead role on projects with check-ins at each milestone of the overall project
- Effectively communicates work status to teammates, manager, and team leads
- Can effectively organize and communicate in meetings to drive alignment, prioritization, and address blockers
- Able to document processes and results effectively for use by others in the department
- Has problem-level influence
- Able to voice concerns in a constructive manner
- Learns and exhibits Citrine core behaviors, treating others with respect, honoring commitments to the team, seeking out & integrating feedback
- Gives feedback to others and trusts them to decide to what extent to incorporate it
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$80,000 USD - $100,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
FSA and HSA plans
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 onboarding tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget