Senior Financial Analyst
Redwood City, CA / Remote /
F&A – F&A /
We are looking for a data-driven FP&A professional to play a critical role in strategic decision-making and business development at a fast growing AI start up.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed. We are the industry leader in materials informatics, applying data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group, and was named one of the Most Promising AI Startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Though our technology was originally built by materials scientists, our team now consists of professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh. Our customers include Fortune Global 500 materials and product companies.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to invent the role of FP&A within Citrine, and define how strategic finance supports the goals of the organization. Reporting to the COO, the ideal candidate is experienced in startup finance, a relentless advocate for growth, and excited to build strong relationships across the company. Objectives for the role include:
- Earning a seat at the table by supporting wise strategic decisions with deep, data-driven analytics.
- Providing transparency to leadership on the financial underpinnings of the company for the past, present, and future.
- Owning our annual operating planning process, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting to ensure we’re on plan, all with an eye toward facilitating our rapid growth.
- Advocating for growth, with an eye toward long-term financial stability as the business scales.
- Appreciating the centers of gravity of the company through strong relationships across the team at all levels.
This role is responsible for providing leadership with the right reporting and KPIs— planning and budgeting, combined with analysis and wisdom from a savvy finance perspective—to drive the business forward.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or other quantitative discipline, MBA is preferred
- 8+ years of experience in complex financial analysis, planning, budgeting, and forecasting for SAAS or startup
- Demonstrated experience defining, tracking, and delivering business intelligence, KPIs, and metrics
- Mastery of financial statements, knowledge of GAAP and SAAS revenue recognition
- Ability to translate business objectives into financial modeling, and ability to explain finance to non-finance people.
- Proven success in cross-team communication, partnership, and advocacy
- Proactive, resourceful and reliable, thoughtful, with extraordinary problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute against competing tasks and projects
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling