Operations – Engagement /
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed.
We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the most promising AI startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
The success of our customers is paramount to the success of Citrine, and as an Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for managing the customer experience and success of our engagements.
About the Role
The success of our customers is paramount to the success of Citrine, and as an Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for managing the customer experience and success of our engagements. This year, Citrine is scaling the Citrine Platform to a number of customers across the chemicals and materials space; cultivating strong partnerships, gathering extensive product feedback, and rolling out the platform to entire data science, R&D, and product development organizations. As an early and core founding member of the Engagement team, in addition to managing customer relationships, you will be responsible for designing best practices and processes. You’ll help to create the roadmap for the future of this department and oversee the work of engagement associates on your projects. Your work will include daily interactions and collaboration with the data scientists, data engineers, and sales reps working on your customer engagement, and serving as a liaison between the internal product development teams and the customer. You are a proactive people person with a positive attitude and unrelenting professionalism. You navigate seamlessly between interactions with customers, internal team members, and executives, and you know how to leverage project teams to ensure that your customers receive the best possible experience. You will be responsible for ensuring the post-sale success and satisfaction of Citrine customers.
- Manage the customer-facing experience from contract kickoff to renewal/upsell
- Collaborate with internal teams to build a best-in-class customer experience and satisfaction
- Oversee all interactions and communication with the customer, ensuring delivery against all project milestones and advancing customer value realization, satisfaction, and platform engagement
- Uncover and understand any risks that threaten customer’s platform adoption, satisfaction, or renewal; conceive and execute mitigation plans for all risks
- Build strong, trust-based relationships with customers, from junior-level up through executives, to gather feedback and ensure customer value alignment
- Manage engagement associates across several joint projects
- Structure, develop and present on-target business analyses to highlight Citrine’s value propositions
- Educate customers on updated features, capabilities, and new product offerings
- Act as the liaison between product management and the customer with a focus on feature collaboration and communicating the Citrine Platform roadmap
- Identify and leverage company-wide resources to address customer satisfaction, growth, renewal, risk, and opportunity
- 3+ years of consulting/professional services experience, or other highly-relevant, external-facing position; 5+ years professional experience in related fields
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience, in the physical sciences or a technical field such as statistics or CS
- Superb communication and presentation skills -- demonstrated experience presenting to senior executives and ability to seamlessly transition between conversations with execs, technical leadership, and scientists
- Demonstrated experience building trust-based relationships with clients/customers to advance strategic goals
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, technical projects and teams to outstanding results
- Ability to develop and drive a high-level strategic engagement roadmap
- Ability to take lessons from one-off situations or interactions, understand their relevance to the bigger picture, and establish general best practices
- Ability to structure and execute business analyses to support customer value
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models
- Previous success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a rapidly growing company
- Ability to travel to customer sites ~30-50% (pending COVID safety)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 13 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 tech allowance
Please apply directly here, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org