Data Solutions Engineer
Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Operations – Operations /
Citrine is growing and we need a dynamic Data Solutions Engineer (DSE) to support our expanding sales pipeline, deliver on complex projects and lead cross-company initiatives.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new green, sustainable, and high-performance materials are developed. We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools customized to materials applications. Our users are scientists and engineers at large manufacturing and materials companies, as well as researchers at universities and government labs. Our platform is an essential workflow tool that enables these users to accelerate the development of new materials by systematically leveraging their data. Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the World Economic Forum as a Tech Pioneer 2017, and won the Best-in-Biz Start-up of the Year Award in 2018. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us. We have locations and customers in North America and Europe (Germany specifically).
About the Role
Citrine is expanding its business and we are looking for a customer-centric Data Solutions Engineer (DSE) to support the ever growing sales pipeline and execute complex projects. A DSE collaborates across multiple teams to solve customer’s problems and ensures that project delivery is aligned with Citrine’s value propositions. This is a new team and the role requires entrepreneurialism to create new strategies, best practices, metrics and processes to support the growing team. You will be collaborating with the Sales team to close deals. At the same time, you will be working with experts from Engagement, Data Science & Engineering and Product teams to improve our capabilities. You are excited by meeting industry leaders and business executives in the pre-sales process and you are motivated to solve complex AI problems by working with a technical team from the industry.
- Execute AI projects with customers within tight deadlines by implementing Citrine’s technology using a ‘get it done’ attitude and overcome any technical hurdles while keeping an eye on what is most valuable to the customer
- Leverage your chemistry and materials background to lead sales calls with industry veterans, technical and business stakeholders (e.g., VP Engineering, Director of Research etc.)
- Understand customer’s domain, connect Citrine Platform’s technical features/capabilities to value-driven business drivers and solutions. In a nutshell, paint the vision on how Citrine can solve our customer’s challenges.
- Identify market trends and channel product feedback to Technology teams. Act as the liaison between Citrine’s Product team and industry.
- You understand the market signals best because you live in it everydayCreate and showcase custom demos to prospective customer audiences and portray a compelling case for Citrine’s technology for prospective clients using your industry expertise
- Travel to prospective clients to build Citrine<>Client relationships and sell the vision of material informatics at their organization.
- Be Citrine’s technical expert in the room
- Develop new strategies, best practices, metrics and processes to support the growing team
- Partner with Engagement, Data Science and Data Engineering teams to implement cutting edge tools into projects
- Collaborate with the Product team to meet requirements from prospective customers. Citrine’s DSE team informs Product of market trends, customer requirements and signals in a timely manner to inform product development.
- Demonstrate experience managing complex, technical projects and teams to outstanding resultsTravel on-site to customers with Sales team demonstrate Citrine’s technology
Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Physical Sciences/Engineering/Related Field with 1-4 years of relevant industry experience or PhD in an equivalent discipline
- Background in the Chemical and Materials industry with an understanding of chemical processing of materials
- Fluent programming skills (Python Preferred) with experience or coursework in machine learning or statistics
- Superb communication and presentation skills -- demonstrated experience presenting complex technical concepts to industry veterans, scientists, technical and business stakeholders
- Previous experience working in a collaborative cross-company global environment with complex stakeholders a strong plus
- Travel up to 25% to support sales (pending COVID safety)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 tech allowance