Solutions Engineer (EU Based)
Remote / European Union /
Customer – Data Solutions Engineering /
Citrine is growing and we need a dynamic Solutions Engineer to support our expanding sales pipeline, deliver on complex projects, and lead cross-company initiatives. This role provides unique growth opportunities for a Data Scientist who would flourish in a pre-sales environment while developing their business acumen along with their technical AI skills. This position is for people currently based in the European Union only.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2019 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the Most Promising AI Startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have clusters of remote employees in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
Citrine is expanding its business and we are looking for a customer-centric Solutions Engineer to support the ever-growing sales pipeline and execute complex projects. A Solution Engineer collaborates across multiple teams to solve customer’s problems and ensures that project delivery is aligned with Citrine’s value propositions. This is a new team and the role requires entrepreneurialism to create new strategies, best practices, metrics and processes to support the growing team. You will be collaborating with the Sales team to close deals. At the same time, you will be working with experts from Engagement, Data Science & Engineering and Product teams to improve our capabilities. You are excited by meeting industry leaders and business executives in the pre-sales process and you are motivated to solve complex AI problems by working with a technical team from the industry.
- Execute AI projects with customers within tight deadlines by implementing Citrine’s technology using a ‘get it done' attitude and overcome any technical hurdles while keeping an eye on what is most valuable to the customer
- Leverage your chemistry and materials background to lead sales calls with industry veterans, technical and business stakeholders (e.g., VP Engineering, Director of Research etc.)
- Understand customer’s domain, connect Citrine Platform’s technical features/capabilities to value-driven business drivers and solutions. In a nutshell, paint the vision on how Citrine can solve our customer’s challenges.
- Identify market trends and channel product feedback to Technology teams. Act as the liaison between Citrine’s Product team and industry.
- You understand the market signals best because you live in it every day
- Create and showcase custom demos to prospective customer audiences and portray a compelling case for Citrine’s technology for prospective clients using your industry expertise
- Travel to prospective clients to build Citrine<>Client relationships and sell the vision of material informatics at their organization.
- Be Citrine’s technical expert in the room
- Develop new strategies, best practices, metrics, and processes to support the growing team
- Partner with Engagement, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams to implement cutting edge tools into projects
- Collaborate with the Product team to meet requirements from prospective customers. Citrine’s DSE team informs
- Product of market trends, customer requirements, and signals in a timely manner to inform product development.
- Demonstrate experience managing complex, technical projects and teams to outstanding results
- Travel on-site to customers with Sales team demonstrate Citrine’s technology
Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Physical Sciences/Engineering/Related Field with 1-4 years of relevant industry experience or PhD in an equivalent discipline
- Background in the Chemical and Materials industry with an understanding of chemical processing of materials
- Fluent programming skills (Python Preferred) with experience or coursework in machine learning or statistics
- Superb communication and presentation skills -- demonstrated experience presenting complex technical concepts to industry veterans, scientists, technical and business stakeholders
- Previous experience working in a collaborative cross-company global environment with complex stakeholders a strong plus
- Travel up to 25% to support sales (pending COVID safety)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.