Sales Operations Lead
Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Operations – Sales /
You will be an essential contributor to the performance of our sales function, working to identify, implement and execute repeatable processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the sales process.
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed.
We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the most promising AI startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Though our technology was originally built by materials scientists, our team now consists of professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 1000 materials and product companies.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Sales Operations Lead to help fuel the accelerating pace of our sales team. The Sales Operations Lead is an essential contributor to the performance of our sales function, working to identify, implement and execute repeatable processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the sales process. The Sales Operations Lead will manage and streamline many elements of the sales process including lead and pipeline management, contracts negotiation, and booking deals. You’ll be part of a fast-growing team at the world’s leading company that is focusing our efforts at the junction of materials science, chemistry, and technology.
- Support the sales process by managing the process and administrative elements
- Track and report on lead, pipeline, and sales data
- Implement new processes and technologies as needed to support marketing and sales teams
- Oversee third party relationships with marketing and sales technology and service providers
- Train staff on new technology and software
- Collaborate with sales and legal team to create processes and outcomes to efficiently negotiate and manage customer contracts
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies
- Review and update client information in CRM to ensure that it is up to date and accurate
- Assist VP of Sales with territory execution metrics and tracking Learn about what KPIs drive our business with specific emphasis on leading and lagging indicators for top-of-funnel to ensure activities (emails/calls, etc.) match required quality/quantity metrics
- Monitor sales performance, expenses and budget
- Provide recommendations and suggestions for improvements in any aspects relating to increased performance
- Willingness and excitement to learn our technologies and their impact on business needs in the industry, and to communicate them eloquently
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills - the ideal candidate embodies the words “attention to detail”
- 1-3 years of experience in sales operations, business operations or legal/contracts roles for a technology platform, consulting or information services company
- Familiarity with CRM software, Google Docs and Microsoft Office - especially Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work well in groups
- Ability to multitask
- Ability and excitement to thrive in a highly-entrepreneurial, dynamic, and demanding environment
- A curiosity and interest in AI and its impact on the future of civilization
- A desire to be an early employee in a fast-growing startup with huge potential
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget