Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Talent – Talent /
Build and grow our world-class technical team to power the next generation of materials and chemicals in a greener, more efficient world.
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed.
We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the most promising AI startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Though our technology was originally built by materials scientists, our team now consists of professionals trained in a diverse set of fields, including data science, physics, biology, and computer science. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, and our customers include Fortune 1000 materials and product companies.
About the Role
At Citrine Informatics, people are our most important resource. As a Technical Sourcer, you will be responsible for finding and attracting the top technical talent to join us. This year, Citrine is scaling and growing the team to support several customers across the chemicals and materials space, and you will have a big impact on the team’s overall composition. As an early and core founding member of the People Operations team, you will build out effective sourcing strategies, design best outreach practices, and contribute to the roadmap for this department’s future and have a real impact on the overall composition of our company.
Your work will include daily interactions and collaboration with technical hiring managers, other Talent team members, and interviewers, while serving as a liaison between internal teams and candidates. You are a proactive people person with a positive attitude and unrelenting professionalism. You know how to leverage and tap into networks to guarantee that we meet the best, while generating excitement about the role and team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the top-of-funnel is flush with qualified candidates and for initiating a pleasant candidate experience on behalf of Citrine Informatics.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies for senior- and manager- level technical roles, including Engineering, Data Science, Product Management, Product Design, and Data Engineering
- Directly partner with Engineering hiring managers and internal recruiters to define and maintain our technical candidate pipelines
- Create engaging outreach and meaningful messagingHave persuasive conversations with passive talent to spark interest.
- Research and gather market intelligence
- Quantify results via weekly pipeline metrics
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and candidatesAs our first Technical Sourcer, you will partner with the Talent Program Manager to help us build the processes, infrastructure, and technical recruiting team to grow sustainably
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2-3 years in a sourcing capacity and or technical recruiting
- A track record of sourcing difficult-to-find Engineering talent, such as Senior Backend Engineers, Senior Infrastructure Engineers, and ML Engineers
- Demonstrable knowledge of technologies and career paths for software engineers
- Awareness of industry trends in regards to titles, job descriptions and recruiting practices
- An ability to seek out the best talent, wherever it is, and help those people understand why a particular role is a great fit
- Experience and desire to hire top talent, and to deliver a stellar candidate experienceIncredible interpersonal skills: an ability to build relationships and maintain them over the long term. Our recruiting efforts are not transactional, they are high investment activities for us
- Experience with sourcing tools (e.g., TripleByte, Stack Overflow) and Applicant Tracking Systems (e.g., Lever)
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high- growth startup environment
- A commitment to cultivating a diverse technical teamA passion for growth and continuous learning
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Deep technical networks across the USA and Canada
- Experience building out Employer Branding initiatives/programs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget