Software Product Manager (Senior/Associate)
Civis Analytics is building cloud-based products that help organizations make data science central to everything they do. As a Software Product Manager, you will work with teams across Civis to develop and launch new data science products and enhance our existing products -- all geared toward transforming how our clients make decisions with data.
Product managers at Civis love working hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers and are excellent at balancing competing timelines, priorities, and tasks. It’s a role which relies on communication and relationships as well as knowledge and methodology.
You’ll be a great fit for product management at Civis if:
-You have an image of what 5 years from now looks like, but you can also work tactically to create progress every month
-You sweat the small stuff but never forget the big picture
-You can prioritize competing projects and opportunities and backup your recommendations with data
We are looking for individuals from a wide range of backgrounds with demonstrated problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in computer science, business, design, or similar fields
- Coursework or previous work/internship experience involving user-facing software or data science
- Experience performing user research, market/competitive research, and data-driven design
- Experience working with development and design teams
- Empathy for users and demonstrated excitement for making their work simpler
- Able to work in a dynamic, scrappy, and rapidly iterative environment
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Team player with a positive, collaborative attitude
- 3+ years of software product management experience
- Demonstrated prior success defining and launching excellent features and/or product improvements, particularly in high growth organizations
- Experience defining and evaluating software product success metrics
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of cloud, data, and analytics technologies