Head of Marketing (VP or CMO)
Austin, TX or Remote /
Civitech works to create a more reflective democracy by developing technology and data products that help Democratic candidates run for office and win, empower progressive causes, and increase civic participation. Our flagship product - CampaignOS - is a fully-integrated campaign management system that enables campaigns to develop a more complete profile of each of their voters, expand their voting base through voter registration, and manage campaign strategy.
Since our founding in 2019 our technology has empowered voter registration efforts led by political campaigns and advocacy organizations to register over 1M voters, and we’ve supported organizations across the progressive political ecosystem.
To fill the Head of Marketing role, we are looking for a seasoned marketing expert who can develop a cohesive strategy around all facets of our marketing efforts -- including brand, lead gen, SEO, and product marketing -- and oversee those efforts. This role will be essential to making CampaignOS known to candidates, campaign staff, organizations, and volunteers. As a senior leader at the company, the Head of Marketing will grow a team of 2 (yourself and a direct report) into a department that executes major brand efforts and a product launch in 2021, with a laser focus on getting us to a SaaS product-driven acquisition model by mid-2022.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do
- Build Civitech's marketing strategy for 2021 and beyond: Analyze Civitech's audience and work to date, identifying key marketing strengths to build on and challenges to mitigate. Work with the senior leadership team to translate Civitech's objectives into revenue, growth, engagement, and conversion goals across target audiences, and create a multi-channel strategy to execute on those goals.
- Refine Civitech's brand identity: Work with the senior leadership team to identify opportunities to evolve our brand identity and create our brand pillars. Identify key brand entry points and ensure quality and consistency across user interactions with our brand.
- Define and develop our target audiences: Build on Civitech's existing client, partner, and user base to define target audiences. Create new user funnels and refine existing ones, to drive conversions, revenue, and build brand loyalty. Continuously monitor user growth, revenue, engagement, and conversion metrics across key channels, and test and iterate tactics.
- Create compelling, high-performing marketing campaigns and public-facing content to meet our objectives. Build campaigns to grow and engage our user base tied to key moments throughout the electoral cycle.
- Collaborate closely with sales to develop and execute on revenue generation strategies.
- Manage public relations strategy (with support of an outside agency) to advance Civitech in the progressive technology space.
- Manage a budget to include product marketing, PR, events, SEO, and lead gen efforts. Develop key metrics around scaling that budget over time.
- Manage creative, communications, and digital talent: Align team behind your marketing strategy, defining and holding the team accountable to key performance. Coach and develop department leads. Foster a collaborative and fun working environment.
- Proven track record leading not only strategy but also day to day implementation of SaaS product marketing, demand & lead generation, PR/ brand marketing, content strategy, SEO, and partnerships, with the ability to establish, monitor, and communicate key metrics to determine the profitability of these initiatives.
- Ability and eagerness to set high level strategy and also get the work done on tight timelines, acting as both manager of and an individual contributor to a small but mighty team.
- Demonstrated success managing and leading staff, particularly as it relates to building a team from the ground up.
- Strong preference for people with experience in politics or industries where clients are predominantly short-duration entities, client lifecycles are extremely short and customer acquisition opportunities are highly cyclical.
- Ability to engage in discussion around political technology products, elections, and campaigns; expertise or work experience not required. Familiarity with using/managing CRM software, Google Analytics, social analytics.
- Familiarity with SEM and SEO.
- Approaches work with an analytical, innovative, and growth mindset.
- Flexible, pragmatic, comfortable with ambiguity, have a quick bounce-back time after a setback, low ego.
- Commitment to a leadership style and building an organization culture that lifts up and supports our staff, clients, partners, and voters.
- Demonstrated investment in mentoring and also in making the world a better place.
- Commitment to building a company and staff that reflect the diverse backgrounds and experiences of the voters, campaigns, and progressive organizations we serve.
- Passion for electing Democrats and building innovative, creative digital marketing programs and campaigns.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. Austin or Washington, DC candidates are preferred; remote locations will be considered for exceptional candidates. All employees are currently working remotely until it is safe to return to our office.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($130K - $160K for Austin based candidates commensurate with location and experience). Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock plan.
The Head of Marketing will lead the Marketing Team, and reports to the CEO. You will manage 1 current Marketing staff member and grow the team.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.