Austin, TX or Remote /
Civitech works to create a more reflective democracy by developing technology and data products that help Democratic candidates run for office and win, empower progressive causes, and increase civic participation. We aim to make data and technology radically more available in service of strengthening our democracy.
Since our founding in 2019 our technology has empowered voter registration efforts led by political campaigns and advocacy organizations to register over 1M voters, and we’ve supported organizations across the progressive political ecosystem.
The UX/UI Designer will work with a team of designers, project managers, and other cross-functional teams to conduct best-in-class multi-method research and develop research-driven product expertise to achieve our mission.
The UX/UI Designer is on our Product Team. Civitech’s Product Team is focused on building useful, usable, and engaging products and features for campaigns, non-profits, and voters.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do
- Inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Uncover insights about users through a variety of methods including surveys, interviews, log analysis, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or a new method you invent.
- Share findings with designers, engineers, product managers, and others, creating a smarter, more informed and more empathetic product team.
- Participate in internal teaching, story telling, and experience creation to engage the entire organization.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps, and wireframes.
- Create low-fidelity prototypes for rapid iteration.
- Prepare high-fidelity, pixel-perfect mockups for developer handoff.
- Maintain component library and other documentation.
- Attend developer demos to ensure designs were implemented correctly.
- Solve complex problems to create friendly products aimed at non-technical users from all ages and different cultures and backgrounds, sometimes non-English speakers or whom English is a second language.
- 4+ years of experience of in-house UX/UI product design or similar
- Have a portfolio of web/native app design projects
- Proficient in Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience creating in HTML and CSS
- Experience with product accessibility standards and techniques
- Are committed to creating products to elect Democrats and empower progressive organizations.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($65,000-$95,000 for Austin-based hires, commensurate with experience and location). Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock option plan.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. Austin candidates are preferred; remote locations will be considered for exceptional candidates. All employees are currently working remotely until it is safe to return to our office.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.