Austin, TX or Remote /
Sales & Partnerships /
Civitech is a public benefit corporation dedicated to creating a fairer and more equitable democracy by building the tools and infrastructure needed to increase civic participation, empower Democratic candidates to win, and support the success of progressive causes. We aim to make data and technology radically more available in service of strengthening our democracy. Since its founding in 2019, over 100 partners -- a range of nonprofit organizations, national political committees, and individual campaigns -- have used Civitech’s tools to reach tens of millions of voters.
The Partnerships Manager will drive new revenue for the business through the development of new and expanding partnerships. You’ll be responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with campaigns and advocacy groups to promote the adoption of Civitech’s software products and other services. You will research new prospects, conduct online demos, prepare written proposals, and negotiate and close sales.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do:
- Software and services sales
- Raise awareness of Civitech’s software and services in the Democratic and progressive community, including to your existing, robust network of campaign professionals and progressive organization staff;
- Own the full sales cycle—from prospecting to close;
- Confidently identify and reach out to organizations who could most benefit from Civitech’s solutions;
- Meet and exceed revenue goals;
- Communicate professionally and build relationships with political candidates and their staff;
- Strategize creatively with other members of the team;
- Manage multiple sales pipelines with multiple product/service lines;
- Be a core part of representing the company at outside events;
- Be prepared to wear multiple hats in a startup environment;
- Once new partnerships are established, coordinate handoff to client success team;
- Strategic Partnerships
- Collaborate with CEO, COO, Dir. of Sales, and other leadership to cultivate relationships with high-impact individuals and organizations, identify strategic partnership opportunities, draft proposals, and close deals that generate revenue for Civitech and meet other company goals.
- Significant experience in the world of political campaigns or advocacy organizations, so that you can speak fluently to a campaign’s goals and challenges from the local to presidential level. You also possess a thorough understanding of the various roles within an organized political campaign and/or organization;
- Deep subject matter expertise about the key stakeholders, trends, challenges, and best practices in the progressive political ecosystem and the ability to drive strategic conversations with committees, funders, campaigns, state tables, etc.;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to write clearly, quickly, and succinctly;
- Ability to maintain professional regard at all times;
- Strong work ethic and ability to lead by example;
- Strong desire to build your roster through in-person networking
Additional Qualifications (desired but not required):
- Experience using data to improve strategy and decision making;
- Experience with campaign management, voter engagement, and/or political organizing tools;
- Experience in a closing role;
- Experience managing partnerships or other inter-organizational relationships
About our Sales and Partnerships Team:
The Sales and Partnerships Team is focused on building strong relationships in the Democratic and Progressive ecosystem with organizations that are well-positioned to benefit from our software and services. This means being assertive and creative in establishing new relationships that will last long term and help build revenue for Civitech.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($85,000-$125,000 OTE, commensurate with location and experience). Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock option plan.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. All employees are currently working remotely until it is safe to return to our office. This position can be based in Austin or full-time remote.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.