Manager of Sales & Partnerships
Sales & Partnerships
Civitech is an innovative tech start-up that develops modern tools to solve civic problems. Civitech is applying modern technology-based solutions to civic problems. We are building elegant, usable interfaces that will help people run for public office and to make it easier for volunteers to get involved in the civic arena.
Civitech simplifies the process of running a campaign. Campaigns are expensive and inefficient, spending their limited resources with the same voters over and over because the existing software solutions don’t talk to each other. Civitech integrates with the best-in-class solutions, simplifies the big picture of a campaign, and uses social media and voter registration to reach out to voters who are frequently left out.
As a Manager of Partnerships, you will be part of the sales team. However, the top priorities for this role are (1) familiarity with political campaigns, (2) a deep knowledge of the challenges of running and scaling a field team, and (3) connections to 2020 races. Experience in closing new deals and partnerships is a plus, but not required. You’ll be responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with campaigns and advocacy groups, showing them new solutions to common problems, challenging them to think in more effective, digitally-savvy ways, and promoting the adoption of Civitech’s tools. This is a quota-carrying role and a component of compensation will be based on your ability to hit/exceed monthly revenue targets.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in political campaigns so that they can easily speak to the problems that our software helps solve. The most applicable roles include but are not limited to Campaign Manager, Regional Director, Field Director/Organizer, Voter Registration Lead, and Digital Director/Organizer. Previous closing experience is a plus, but not required. You care about the world and want to help make it better by making it easier for people to organize and vote.
- Raise awareness of Civitech’s software and services in the Democratic and Progressive community
- Own the full sales cycle—from prospecting to close
- Confidently identify and reach out to organizations who could most benefit from Civitech’s solutions
- Meet and exceed monthly goals
- Communicate professionally and build relationships with political candidates and their staff
- Strategize creatively with other members of the team
- Manage multiple sales pipelines with multiple product/service lines
- Be a core part of representing the company at outside events
- Be prepared to wear multiple hats in a startup environment
- Once new partnerships are established, coordinate handoff to client success team
- Significant experience in the world of political campaigns. Enough that you can speak fluently to a campaign’s goals and challenges from the local to presidential level
- A comfortable understanding of the various roles within an organized political campaign
- Experience using data to improve strategy and decision making
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a closing role is a plus
- Ability to write clearly, quickly, and succinctly
- Ability to maintain professional regard at all times
- Experience managing partnerships or other inter-organizational relationships is a plus
- Strong work ethic and ability to lead by example
- Strong desire to build your roster through in-person networking
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary. Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year; 10 days accrued paid sick time; and a competitive company option plan.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.