Austin, TX or Remote /
Civitech is a public benefit corporation dedicated to creating a fairer and more equitable democracy by building the tools and infrastructure needed to increase civic participation, empower Democratic candidates to win, and support the success of progressive causes. Since its founding in 2019, over 100 partners -- a range of nonprofit organizations, national political committees, and individual campaigns -- have utilized Civitech’s tools to reach tens of millions of voters to help create a more equitable and progressive democracy.
As we grow to achieve our mission, we’re looking to add a hands-on, technical, and mission-driven Product Owner to work closely with multiple teams and our customers. This role is critical for us to build the right products, the right way, to meet Civitech’s mission (above) by balancing our technology resources, our customers’ needs, and our business model.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Product Team, Leadership Team, Data Engineering Team, and Web App Engineering Team to plan product work;
- Prioritize product enhancements and fixes while executing on the vision of product roadmap;
- Work closely with Technical Project Managers to ensure development is prioritized and meets requirements;
- Own the product backlog, write user stories and requirements, produce user journeys and wireframes
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to better understand their needs;
- Assist Engineering and QA as needed;
- Analyze and report on KPIs, user engagement, and support metrics;
- Collaborate with other Product team members on market research to identify potential new products and features;
- Work with Customer Success and Marketing to communicate product updates to customers;
- Participate in political events that promote, train, and/or directly use our systems
- Knowledge of U.S. elections administration and/or campaign operations
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line;
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience;
- Has 4+ years of software product experience;
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment;
- Committed to leveraging technology and data products to help Democratic candidates run for office and win, empower progressive causes, and increase civic participation.
Additional Qualifications (desired but not required):
- Experience working with teams that build software products;
- Experience in a SaaS startup;
- Experience in agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.;
- Experience in Project Management, UI/UX Design, or Software Development;
- Experience or expertise with the Asana project management tool;
- Experience with product accessibility standards and techniques;
The Product Owner is on our Product Team and reports to our Chief Product Officer. Civitech’s Product Team is focused on building useful, usable, and engaging products and features for campaigns, non-profits, and voters.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. This role can work out of our Austin office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($85,000 - $110,000 commensurate with location and experience). Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock option plan.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No recruiters or agencies, please!