Digital Marketing Strategist
Civitech is a public benefit corporation dedicated to creating a fairer and more equitable democracy by building the tools and infrastructure needed to increase civic participation, empower Democratic candidates to win, and support the success of progressive causes. Since its founding in 2019, over 100 partners -- a range of nonprofit organizations, national political committees, and individual campaigns -- have utilized Civitech’s tools to reach tens of millions of voters to help create a more equitable and progressive democracy.
The Digital Marketing Strategist will have the opportunity to work on many sides of our growing marketing operation at Civitech. This role will work closely with the VP of Marketing and department Directors to develop engaging content for existing and prospective partners, lead the redevelopment of the digital marketing funnel including a website revamp and adoption of marketing tools, and lead the digital advertising strategy.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do:
- Provide subject matter experience in the areas of digital marketing and multi-channel customer experience to the marketing team and entire company.
- Develop and implement authentic, creative content that speaks to Civitech’s theory of change and enhances the company’s bottom-line.
- Create, set up, and maintain advanced paid advertising campaigns on multiple platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and more that focus on lead generation, conversion and maximizing ad spend ROI.
- Build and execute dynamic content that leads to productive email growth, website productivity and conversions ensuring a widening of the marketing funnel.
- Identify trends, insights, and innovations in the industry; stay abreast of our competitors and our partners’ evolving digital strategies.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Design team to design, build, and maintain our social media presence in an effort to increase marketing leads.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and CS teams to brainstorm new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Monitor and optimize media budgets across all digital platforms and have the knowledge base to recommend budget and bid strategies required to gain appropriate results.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess results against goals.
- Gain a deep understanding of Civitech products and utilizes tools to support client acquisition and retention.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Assist the VP of Marketing in evaluating and selecting products that increase efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing ecosystem and leads to better data and reporting.
- Work alongside the VP of Marketing work to evaluate and maintain the brand and marketing strategy to align with the company’s roadmap and future goals
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Marketing.
- 4+ years experience managing digital programs for companies, political campaigns, advocacy organizations, or non profits.
- Strong writing skills.
- Passion to elect progressive candidates to office and advance progressive causes.
- Experience tracking and managing project budgets.
- An understanding of Facebook, Google, and other emerging advertising platforms.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS as needed to run major digital programs.
- Enthusiasm for data and testing content.
- Proficient or functionally familiar in one or more of our enterprise partner marketing cloud platforms like Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Must possess strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent in problem-solving and decision-making.
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple opportunities and manage time well.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX, with employees across the country. The Digital Marketing Strategist can work in Austin or remotely in any US location.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary commensurate with location and experience ($65,000 - $95,000 for Austin based candidates, with adjustments for some major metropolitan areas).
Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock plan.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.