Product Manager, Data Services
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
cLabs is seeking a Product Manager, Developer Experience to join our Product Adoption team. As a Developer Experience Product Manager you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of tools and applications that make Celo the best platform to build mobile and payments applications for both developers and enterprises. You will be responsible for owning a part of the product from planning, executing, to delivery. You will have the opportunity to shape the direction of your functional area and grow in your role.
- We are a full-stack organziation i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the user experiences on top of them
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are highly technical, with backgrounds at places like Google and MIT
- We are mission driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Own the full product cycle for a part of the Celo applications stack: from ideation through to launch and ongoing performance analysis
- Develop product initiatives that further Celo's mission and cLabs product circle objectives
- Own the relationship with users for your areas of ownership, from understanding their needs, to turning these into product features, and driving adoption
- Work closely with design and engineering teams to develop solutions that deliver delightful user experiences and that provide maximum value to protocol stakeholders
- Own the product roadmap and manage the product backlog
- Work with engineering, design, and communication teams to define OKRs, priorities, timelines, milestones, and go to market plans
- Align and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver best-in-class user experience on time
- Encourage and celebrate diversity in the communities you build
- A technical background, CS degree or relevant experience
- A passion for coming up with ways to address business problems through the use of technology
- Demonstrated ability to work with data
- Excellent communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated the ability to work both independently and as a team
- Experience taking features from a hypothesis to delivering value to real users
- Demonstrated proactiveness and problem solving skills
- BONUS: Familiarity and passion for crypto, open source and/or distributed computing
- BONUS: Experience with GitHub
- BONUS: Product management experience on technical open source projects
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and coin plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with catered lunch, organic snacks, beverages, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.