Partner Manager, Valora
Business & Operations /
The Valora Partner Manager is a new role on the Valora team, responsible for managing and rapidly growing relationships with partners whose experiences are integrated in the Valora app. This role has exposure beyond Valora, to Celo ecosystem players, payments and crypto in general.
Key elements of the partnerships strategy include providing on and off-ramps for cUSD, cEUR and CELO in Valora, as well as third party integrations that provide utility to Valora users, such as bill pay, gift cards and merchant spending options.
- Guide partners through their work to add Celo support and liaise with the Valora engineering team as partner solutions are being integrated in the Valora experience
- Develop and implement a partnerships strategy to expand the realm of use cases and possibilities for Valora users through referrals, channels, and technology integrations
- Structure conversations with existing partners to grow the scope of our partnership
- Work closely with internal teams, such as product, marketing, legal, sales, and engineering to ensure alignment in strategy and priority of strategic partnership opportunities
- Build strong relationships with Celo ecosystem organizations that can provide utility to the Valora product experience
- Travel as needed to develop and maintain strong relationships in key markets
- Passionate about Celo's mission and the role Valora aims to play in the global market
- A relationship manager with stellar communication skills and empathy for customer's needs and strong product focus
- Hands-on when working with internal and external stakeholders, project managing partner integrations
- Comfortable navigating uncertainty and ambiguity among the complexity of the crypto/payments space
- 4+ years of experience in a partnerships/relationship management role
- Experience in the crypto and/or international payments landscape is a must
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup environment
- Experience working in emerging markets
- Fluent in 2+ languages
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.