Head of Marketing, Celo Foundation
Business & Operations /
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application that launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
The team at Celo is looking for a Head of Marketing with an entrepreneurial spirit to oversee the strategy and execution of marketing programs for the company, its strategic partners, and global builder community. The Head of Marketing will work in partnership with the CMO and senior leadership to develop and execute an integrated marketing strategy designed to create global awareness and adoption of the Celo community and technology and build a world class inhouse team to execute against it. The role spans the entire Celo ecosystem, including: cLabs, the Celo Foundation, third party organizations building on the Celo platform, and relevant industry partners and leaders.
Experience and/or a genuine interest in crypto/blockchain technologies, developer communities, and decentralized finance are a strong plus.
- Clearly define and execute on an integrated marketing strategy to create global awareness and adoption of the Celo community, technology and assets.
- Help build and grow the team responsible for all critical aspects of marketing, including but not limited to product, growth, lifecycle, partner, exchange and content marketing.
- Drive implementation and execution of marketing strategies and tactics to achieve, measure and scale key results as set on a quarterly basis.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solidify Celo’s audience segmentation work, prioritize key audiences and translate that work into a strategy that ensures Celo’s owned channels, campaigns and assets meet the needs and expectations of a diverse set of key audiences.
- Collaborate with communications and design to evolve the voice and visual identity of the Celo brand.
- Work cross-functionally with the cLabs Developer Relations and Community Management teams to grow our passionate user and developer communities and catalyze market adoption of decentralized applications and crypto/blockchain technologies.
- Be a proven people leader with a passion for building and leading highly effective teams.
- A minimum of 12+ years of relevant work experience in a marketing function.
- Pre-existing knowledge of and/or passion for learning more about the cryptocurrency/blockchain space.
- Demonstrated effective management of both internal teams and external marketing agencies.
- An understanding of how to build and scale a corporate brand.
- A positive, entrepreneurial, can-do spirit with a passion for building teams and processes from the ground up.
- Proven experience operating on a global level with an international perspective and sensitivity to cultural nuances.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders within a rapidly changing industry.
- Experience launching / expanding across key growth regions, including cultural, language, and logistical execution and remote/distributed team management.
- Strong quantitative skills and data analysis capabilities.
- Thoughtfulness and attention to detail with regard to storytelling and the holding of the Celo brand.
- Experience collaborating with developer relations and technical teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Direct experience working in the crypto/blockchain industry.
- Experience in influencer and community marketing within the crypto space.
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.