Middle East Region Lead
Business & Operations /
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As a Country Lead for this decentralized technology, working with the team at cLabs, you will build and support the community of collaborators and early adopters interested in contributing to and benefiting from the Celo platform. You will be responsible for building out the Celo ecosystem for your market and the implementation of a campaign to promote Celo and the different use cases for the technology, starting with building the community and including on-the-ground project management and engagement with key local collaborators.
- Build and ecosystem for Celo in the Middle East so that Celo assets are easy to buy, sell, and spend
- Establish relationships with organizations that are aligned with the Celo mission and are interested in growing Celo and joining the Celo Alliance for Prosperity
- Build social channels to create awareness of Celo in the region
- Represent Celo in industry events across the region
- Knowledge of blockchain and relevant business development experience in the Middle East
- Understand the various cultures and can help bring Celo to life in a very localized way
- Have a network of organizations in the region, such as digital wallets, mobile carriers, payment processors, blockchain associations, and/or Fintech companies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a drive to serve communities around the globe
Nice to Have:
- Strong sense of curiosity
- Technical acumen
- Experience in building a community
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.