At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application that launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
cLabs is seeking a DevOps/Release Engineer to join our DevOps and Release Engineering team. As an Engineering partner you will be designing and implementing reliable, automated, safe operations pipelines and tools.
- We are experienced startup founders and operators
- We are mission-driven with a big goal: to bring sound currency and property rights to those who need it most
- We are fast-paced and loosely-structured, with a number of offices and a growing team
- We are a full-stack solution i.e. we are building both blockchain protocols and the applications that deliver end-user experiences on top of them
- We are highly technical, with an accomplished team dedicated to learning and pushing boundaries
- We have a strong engineering culture, which values open-source
- Manage the cLabs cloud infrastructure (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Build tools and automation to manage the whole application lifecycle
- Advise teams on architecture and system design for performance and scalability
- Develop and implement best practices across the engineering team
- Author detailed technical specifications
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Work in a high performance scrum team
- Collaborate with product and design teams
- A strong passion for Celo's mission of prosperity for everyone
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- Strong experience deploying, monitoring, and managing cloud infrastructure
- Experience building software that is reusable, extensible, and modular
- Experience with a Kubernetes stack in a production environment
- Experience as SRE, DevOps, Cloud and/or infrastructure engineer
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Analytical and debugging skills
Nice to have
- An automation mindset
- Deep understanding or passion for blockchain technology
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or multi-cloud setups
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with permissions and secrets management
- Understanding of cloud networking
- Interest in Blockchain and cryptocurrency
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.