San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Business & Operations /
At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
This position will provide support to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) as well as very limited support for other members of the executive team.
This person will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks while being a strategic thought partner to increase efficiency, collaborate cross-functionally, and manage crucial information and tasks with much autonomy. This person will also be extremely proactive, organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting fast-paced executives.
Crucial to this role is the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and high-level executives in a fast-paced environment - remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Equally important is strong business acumen, expert-level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Manage complex and multiple calendars by utilizing judgment in the allocation of time between meetings and meeting logistics. Coordinate and schedule all appointments, which may require last minute changes, and communicate those changes in a timely and organized manner.
- Ability to organize complex travel schedules with many moving parts, plan and arrange extensive international and domestic travel, including, but not limited to preparing trip logistics, agendas, meeting materials, and detailed itineraries, which may require last minute changes, and communicate those changes in a timely and organized manner.
- Assist with the organization of longer-term projects, including preparation of project management-related materials (e.g., to do lists, step plans, timelines, working group lists, etc.).
- Handle confidential and non-routine information, applying extreme confidentiality and sensitivity in the dissemination of this information.
- Communicate with and work across the organization, as well as with investors, entrepreneurs, and builders in the ecosystem.
- Review and analyze requests and inquiries and disseminate, as appropriate.
- Compile and submit expenses via Expensify in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support including filing, copying, scanning and mailing/couriering correspondence. Transcribe and organize meeting notes into a comprehensive document.
- Five years or more years of experience supporting more than one executive.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter, extremely organized and detailed-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy.
- Observant to areas where the executives could best use your skills to be most efficient and productive in their roles.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of independent judgment.
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior management and all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Are SF-area based and able to work from the office.
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.