At cLabs, the team working on the open source platform Celo, our mission is to build a financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launching on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As a member of our Partner Engineering team, you will lead a critical function for the success of the ecosystem – deep diving with technical partners to enable them to successfully build on Celo. This role requires leadership, communication, strategy, and technical depth.
- Develop a deep understanding of our blockchain and ecosystem to become a trusted expert both internally and externally
- Meet with existing and potential partners, listen carefully, and explore and clarify potential solutions and additional opportunities for collaboration
- Serve as a leader for 3+ partner engineers, both helping with hiring, and ensuring they are set up for success with each engagement
- Work closely with all engineering teams to both deep dive on tough issues, and to develop a knowledge-base of answers that allow business teams to self-serve for simpler requests
- Understand cLabs’ strategy in order to be able to help your team and the company as a whole prioritize requests, providing thoughtful and kindly communicated “no”s where needed
- At least 2, ideally 5+ years of engineering leadership experience
- At least 1, ideally 3+ years of partnership engineering experience - i.e. a role where the primary focus is deep-diving with external clients
- The ability to quickly build trust in relationships
- The ability to clearly convey technical concepts to business audiences with varying degrees of sophistication, as well as the ability to convert requests into technically feasible solutions
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.