Creative Director, Valora
Business & Operations /
Valora is seeking a Creative Director to join our Marketing team. You will be responsible for owning Valora's brand voice, leading our creative team, and finding clever ways to connect with our audience in a meaningful way.
- Own the creative direction for Valora
- Earn the trust of the team through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Build a multi-disciplinary creative team and foster an inclusive creative community
- Determine the quarterly creative team OKRs, then share progress reports with the executive team
- Identify, evaluate, and manage creative production partners
- Partner with key stakeholders to write briefs that inspire and guide the team
- Concept new ideas for branding, growth, marketing, and communications projects
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute your vision, taking the project from concept to completion
- Review work created by the Valora internal team and our production partners, providing clear and respectful feedback
- Find opportunities to elevate our brand aesthetics wherever possible
- Implement tools and processes to increase the efficiency of the creative team
- Work with partners across the organization to guarantee an integrated brand experience for our users
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to help solve business problems
- Mentor creative team members, helping them to meet both their career aspirations and the organization's objectives
- Personal alignment with the company mission and values
- 10+ years of experience as a creative with 5+ years in leadership and management
- Understanding of how creative work impacts the business and contributes to the organization’s objectives
- Experience directing creative work across a variety of mediums (e.g. design, writing, branding, photo, video, animation, audio)
- Understanding of the main communication channels (e.g. social, web, print, OOH, paid media, TV, email, etc.) and how to create channel-specific content
- Understanding of growth marketing and brand marketing
- Awareness of the evolving landscape of creative tools, technologies, resources, and trends
- In-depth knowledge of the creative development process, including efficiently staffing projects, working within a budget, providing effective feedback, and delivering work on schedule
- Ability to oversee multiple integrated projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- Dedication to delivering high-quality work
- Empathy for our users, your teammates, and our partners
- Generous dose of humility
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.