At cLabs, our mission is to create financial building blocks that empower everyone in the world to save, spend, and innovate with money. cLabs is a technical powerhouse and product incubator dedicated to the Celo ecosystem.
Celo is a layer one blockchain that aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone.
cLabs is seeking a Full-Stack Engineer to join our Data Services Engineering team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining web applications that serve end users and developers on Celo. Celo is a full stack protocol, and this is a full stack team - you may work on anything from observability to CSS. This position can be remote.
- Design, operate, and securely distribute cloud services on platforms such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code to help shape the team's culture.
- Work within a Teal Organization, with involves working among peers with a high degree of autonomy and opportunity to contribute to the company at any level.
- 5+ years real-world experience in software.
- Solid knowledge of Elixir and Postgres.
- Experience with designing and operating scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure services.
- Ability to write high quality, well-tested code.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions.
- A strong passion for Celo's mission of prosperity for everyone.
- BONUS: Good knowledge of golang.
- BONUS: Good knowledge of Phoenix and GraphQL.
- BONUS: Experience with data pipeline tools such as dbt, Airflow, Kafka, BigQuery.
- BONUS: Experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefit
- 401k plan
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.