Social Media Manager, Valora
Business & Operations /
Valora is seeking a Social Media Manager to join our Marketing team. You will own the research, strategy, planning, creative ideation, content creation, execution, publishing, maintenance, and optimization of our social channels.
- Determine which social channels Valora should have a presence on (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn), then own those accounts
- Seek to understand Valora’s online community, consistently finding creative ways to connect with them and earn their trust
- Develop and implement strategies to grow Valora’s online communities and increase engagement
- Bring Valora’s brand voice and vision to life through a variety of channel-specific social content ranging from educational and informative to artistic and entertaining
- Create content that’s optimized for organic search and aligned with our paid search campaigns
- Take calculated risks whenever appropriate to differentiate and elevate Valora in the social space
- Partner with the creative team to ideate and create social content
- Partner with the marketing team on integrated brand campaigns
- Partner with the comms team on external company announcements
- Partner with the paid media team on digital ad campaigns
- Partner with the support team to effectively respond to user comments and questions on social
- Partner with the web team to align our various digital communication channels
- Partner with the editorial team to create editorial content for our blog and social channels
- Partner with country leads on custom social strategies for local markets
- Identify influencers and partners who align with Valora’s brand, foster relationships, and work with them to create and amplify social content
- Align social ORKs with Marketing and Valora org OKRs
- Own social analytics—provide regular reporting, share insights, and optimize our channels accordingly
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High emotional intelligence
- Deep understanding of the social landscape and best practices
- Ability to successfully navigate the delicate nuances and subcultures on social channels
- Knowledge of the news cycle, and ability to tailor social content that will earn media attention
- Passion for working with creative teams and creating content, from strategic brainstorming to pixel-perfect execution
- Awareness of the evolving landscape of social tools, technologies, resources, and trends
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms, and ranking strategies
- Desire to stay informed on current events and pop culture
- Experience hosting and producing livestreams
- BONUS: Experience in fintech and crypto
cLabs ("Celo Labs") started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we're all proud to hold the job title of "Partner." For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.