San Francisco, CA
Clara Labs is establishing a new class of assistant that understands you as a person would, but operates at the scale, speed, and persistence of a machine. To do this, we use a human-in-the-loop approach, mixing intelligent automation software with remote human workers to form a powerful and frictionless customer service.
Our initial focus is on scheduling meetings via email. We’ve observed the anxieties caused by cluttered inboxes, complex calendars, and juggling scheduling preferences. We’re out to eliminate that pain so our customers have more time to focus on what matters.
We aim to make automated assistants a truly everyday productivity tool. Our deep focus on conversation quality and flexibility via our human-in-the-loop approach differentiates us from other automated assistants and has helped us deliver a highly reliable and flexible natural language interface from day one.
You can read a little bit more about us here:
We're looking for engineers that are customer focused, collaborative, and excited to pursue difficult, often loosely defined problems. Many of the problems we take on are previously unsolved: building large-scale human-machine learning hybrid systems.
Here are a few types of problems engineers at Clara work on:
- Formulating “bite-sized” tasks and distributing real-time work load across a network of international human contractors.
- New user interfaces for combining machine learning and human expertise to process message-based tasks; we’ve built a “mail client” and “calendar client” like no other.
- Engineering underlying services (such as messaging protocols, calendaring servers, real-time work dispatching) to come together reliably and support the items above.
- Help to conceive of, build, and maintain features of the Clara platform
- Jump in as tech lead on projects and help guide architectural designs
- Play a key part role in team development: mentoring and enabling team members, helping to introduce and guide best practices
- Experience in at least one of the following and familiarity across the full stack:
- Systems Engineering – e.g., real time & distributed system architecture
- Data Modeling – e.g., recurrence based data modeling, expert-systems modeling
- Protocols & API Integrations – e.g.,messaging protocols (e-mail, SMS), calendaring protocols, & third party API integrations
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience with Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, and AWS
- Prior experience fostering team collaboration
Optionally with your resume:
- A cover letter explaining why you think you are a great match for Clara.
- A link to a Github repo of yours.
- Tell us about one of your interesting projects!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.