Senior Android Developer
Mexico City /
Engineering – Mobile /
End-to-end corporate spend management for businesses in Latin America. We're creating the future of how company finances are run, starting with our credit card + spend management and budgeting solution. In the middle of the COVID pandemic we got the backing of some of the top global investors to help turn our vision into reality. We're looking for the best talent in the region (and beyond) to join us on this journey.
We are looking a Senior Android Engineer which will:
- Help design and build apps used by a lot of users every day.
- Write clean, composable, and maintainable code as you develop world-class products.
- Do code reviews with your team members.
- Must have a very high sense of ownership.
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality of the apps our users use on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with the development team through the complete lifecycle of product development.
- Guide and train junior developers when it comes to software development best practices and procedures.
- Enhance and maintain existing Android applications as needed.
- Create software modules and mechanisms that can be reused and make improvements to existing modules.
You'd fit the role if you
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Have 5+ years of Android development experience.
- Have advanced experience in Android Development architecture, including API design techniques.
- Have a deep understanding of the Android OS components.
- Have used different android architecture patterns like MVC, MVP and/or MVVM.
- Are comfortable with Kotlin.
- Are comfortable with coroutines.
- Have experience with CI/CD.
- Have proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Can find solutions to complex problems.
- Can create new projects from scratch using modern technology.
- Have a passion for quality and strong attention to detail.
- Like to unit test every aspect of your app, from unit testing to integration testing.
- Have published one or more Android apps in Google Play.
- Have experience in the post-release process, like bug fixing and crash reporting tools.
- Love working with and learning from smart and passionate engineers as you.
- Know agile / scrum and can work as part of a smaller cross-functional & feature focused team.
- Can take ownership of big pieces of work, from the planning phase right the way through to execution and delivery.
- Want to learn new technologies.
- You contribute to the Android community, through things like projects on GitHub, blog posts, etc.
- Have used Hilt.
- Like to mentor junior developers.
* Clarity - Open and direct communication
* Simplicity - Pare things down to the essential
* Ownership - We're all owners and act like it
* Pride - Make quality products we're proud of
* Always Be Changing (ABC) - Continuous self-improvement
* Inclusivity - We value each other for our shared mission and contributions to this mission
What are our virtues and why should we care about them?
* Virtues are helpful and desirable behaviors that help shape our company culture.
* These individual behaviors are what we expect of each other, and they should help us work better together.
* These virtues should be reflected in our output/products
* For anyone looking from the outside in it should be obvious, without us having to say it, that these are our virtues