Senior Java Engineer
Mexico City /
Engineering – Backend /
End-to-end corporate spend management for businesses in Latin America. We're creating the future of how company finances are run, starting with our credit card + spend management and budgeting solution. In the middle of the COVID pandemic we got the backing of some of the top global investors to help turn our vision into reality. We're looking for the best talent in the region (and beyond) to join on this journey.
We are looking a Senior Java Engineer who will:
- Collaborate with the development team through the complete lifecycle of product development
- Guide and train junior developers when it comes to software development best practices and procedures
- Enhance and maintain existing software system applications as its needed
- Create software modules and mechanisms that can be reused and make improvements to existing modules
5+ years of experience developing:
- Complex, high-performance enterprise software using Java/J2EE technologies
- Hibernate development
- Broad experience with relational databases, data modeling, and Object-Oriented software designs
At least 3 years of proven experience with:
- Development using techniques, such as TDD, BDD y FDD.
- Participation in agile development teams (SCRUM, Kanban).
- Git, Github, CI/CD pipelines
- Have worked with AWS and is familiar with AWS cloud formation
- Have experience using large scale, high-concurrency data processing tools and methods.
- Proven experience with design, implementation and consumption of RESTful web services
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Experience using Kafka or other message streaming platforms.
- PostgreSQL database
- Docker container creation and configuration
- AWS DevOps
- Spring Boot
- Frontend Frameworks: React, Vue or Angular
* Clarity - Open and direct communication
* Simplicity - Pare things down to the essential
* Ownership - We're all owners and act like it
* Pride - Make quality products we're proud of
* Always Be Changing (ABC) - Continuous self-improvement
* Inclusivity - We value each other for our shared mission and contributions to this mission
What are our virtues and why should we care about them?
* Virtues are helpful and desirable behaviors that help shape our company culture.
* These individual behaviors are what we expect of each other, and they should help us work better together.
* These virtues should be reflected in our output/products
* For anyone looking from the outside in it should be obvious, without us having to say it, that these are our virtues