Mid Android Developer
Mexico City /
Engineering – Mobile /
End-to-end corporate spend management for businesses in Latin America. We're creating the future of how company finances are run, starting with our credit card + spend management and budgeting solution. In the middle of the COVID pandemic we got the backing of some of the top global investors to help turn our vision into reality. We're looking for the best talent in the region (and beyond) to join on this journey.
We are looking a Junior/Mid Android Engineer which will:
- Help design and build apps used by a lot of users every day.
- Must have a very high sense of ownership.
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality of the apps our users use on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with the development team through the complete lifecycle of product development.
- Guide and train junior developers when it comes to software development best practices and procedures.
- Enhance and maintain existing Android applications a needed.
- Create software modules and mechanisms that can be reused and make improvements to existing modules.
You'd fit the role if you
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Have 3+ years of Android development experience.
- Are a fast learner.
- Have a deep understanding of the Android OS components.
- Have used different android architecture patterns like MVC, MVP and/or MVVM.
- Are comfortable with Kotlin.
- Know how to use code versioning tools (git).
- Know how to unit test your app, from unit testing to integration testing.
- Can find solutions to complex problems.
- Have a passion for quality and strong attention to detail.
- Have published one or more Android apps in Google Play.
- Have experience in the post-release process, like bug fixing and crash reporting tools.
- Love working with and learning from smart and passionate engineers as you.
- Want to learn new technologies.
- You contribute to the Android community, through things like projects on GitHub, blog posts, etc.
- Have used Hilt.
- Like to mentor junior developers.
* Clarity - Open and direct communication
* Simplicity - Pare things down to the essential
* Ownership - We're all owners and act like it
* Pride - Make quality products we're proud of
* Always Be Changing (ABC) - Continuous self-improvement
* Inclusivity - We value each other for our shared mission and contributions to this mission
What are our virtues and why should we care about them?
* Virtues are helpful and desirable behaviors that help shape our company culture.
* These individual behaviors are what we expect of each other, and they should help us work better together.
* These virtues should be reflected in our output/products
* For anyone looking from the outside in it should be obvious, without us having to say it, that these are our virtues