Senior Backend Software Engineer, Multi-Tenant Data
Remote, San Francisco Bay Area /
Engineering – Applications /
Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
About the Clari Align team
Collaboration is at the core of what the Align team builds and how we build it.
All of our team members work closely with each other, pairing to architect, design, and review implementations. We organize ourselves into Scrum teams composed of PMs, designers, engineers, and customer success advocates to foster deep collaboration across stakeholders. We move fast and ship often but we don’t break things. We endeavor to provide an environment where people enjoy and are passionate about what they do.
You are a senior backend software engineer interested in leading and building the next iteration of Align's real-time and multi-tenant features. You’ll help scale our data access layer across multiple databases and break out several key features into microservices. You’re an exceptional team player and communicator–you care about the end-user experience and maintainable code and you’re driven to find the solution, even if that means learning something new on the spot or spending time in front of the whiteboard.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Build and improve collaborative features focused on refining buyer engagement
- Lead engineering initiatives for code-base wide improvements and refactoring, including code-quality controls
- Create a standard, robust 3rd-party API integration framework, including refinement of existing data synchronization tooling and use it to build new integrations with other services , such a Nylas, HubSpot, Wingman, and others
- Implement real-time support via websockets
- REST API design, documentation, and code generation
- Implementing wide-ranging integration test coverage
- Improve multi-tenant, multi-database support in the data access layer
- Follow the team’s Scrum process and actively participate in all ceremonies
- An ability and strong desire to lead successful, wide-ranging architectural improvements and initiatives
- Strong technical communicator: document solutions via diagrams, present designs and architecture to cross-functional teams and a desire to teach and mentor fellow team members
- 5+ years experience with object oriented-programming in a strongly-typed language, such as Kotlin, Java, Swift, C++, or C#
- Distributed systems: cloud infrastructure, reliability & observability, performance, HTTPS & high-level TCP/IP, security best practices
- Database: Standard SQL, PostgreSQL, Performance (indices, scaling, query optimization)
- Solid experience with software development best practices such as Interactive Debugging (with breakpoints), TDD & Coverage, SOLID & Patterns, Functional Programming Principles, Concurrent code/Thread Safety, Collection types and their tradeoffs
- Experience with CI/CD, ticketing systems (preferably Jira), IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Meticulous, engaged, timely, reliable
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable.” To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!