Business Development Associate - Commercial
San Francisco, CA
Exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial and high-energy business development associate to join all-star team out to disrupt healthcare delivery.
The Business Development Associate will play a critical role in driving Clarify’s strategic partnership and commercial activity. This role will require a creative problem-solver who has strong analytical and interpersonal skills and can operate effectively in a startup.
- Working with the CEO, CTO, VP Commercial, Director of Business Development, and other members of the team to develop a revenue growth strategy and identify high-potential customers
- Leading select strategic business development projects, including partnership conversations
- Creating compelling and insightful communications documents to support sales and commercial activities
- Supporting the sales efforts of other team members, including serving as a “Solutions Engineer” to deliver compelling demonstrations of the Clarify solution
- Leading strategic lead generation efforts
- As needed, managing potential customers through the end-to-end sales process, including leading the development of presentations and proposal documents (e.g., Engagement Letters)
- Researching the external landscape to understand the details of the products and services provided by Clarify’s competitors
- As relevant, contributing to development and enhancement of the Clarify platform, especially based on inputs and feedback from customers
- As required, supporting Clarify Health in other business-critical activities, including financing and clinical transformation efforts
What we are looking for
- We are a small team, still in the early phases of growth. As such, we are ideally looking for “all-around athletes” with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong passion for impact
- Passion about making a difference in healthcare
- 2-3 years of relevant experience (e.g., top-tier consulting or financial services firm)
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs and identify opportunities for the Clarify solution to meet those needs
- Comfort with software and ability to quickly ramp up and give product demonstrations
- A strong entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit with a drive to work independently
- Advanced excel skills, including building pro-forma models
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and ability to distill critical insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
Please note that, given the nature of this work, significant travel is expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.