San Francisco, CA
The Data Science team at Clarify Health is at the core of powering our platform – proposing, prototyping, and deploying product features powered by machine learning and statistical analysis. This is made possible by our investment in significant data assets, including longitudinal claims and clinical data for several million patient lives, paired with patient-generated data we collect through our platform.
The Data Analyst will play a critical role in building an industry-changing collection of data assets to transform healthcare and in creating a platform to enable adding new data sets more efficiently, in turn delivering value our customers more quickly. The Data Analyst will focus on the development, management, and delivery of Clarify’s data offerings, working closely with engineering, product management and operations teams.
- Interpreting, analyzing, and mapping claims and clinical data
- Analyzing data using a variety of methods including statistics and relational databases
- Serving as the liaison with data vendors and partners
- Being the expert on where data originates, how they are mapped and utilized in our products, and ultimately what value data delivers to our customers
- Working with internal stakeholders, partners, and prospects to understand data needs, and transforming them into requirements for our offerings
- Helping customer-facing teams to support implementations and customer usage
- Assisting and supporting QA in test strategy and test case development and execution
What we are looking for
- Passion for making a difference in healthcare
- 2 - 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Expert SQL querying skills
- Proficiency with Python, R, or other statistical programming language
- Solid understanding of Medical Claims, Rx Claims, Clinical Data, Eligibility, Provider Data and related processes
- Experience with clinical coding systems: ICD9/10 diagnosis codes, ICD9/10 procedure codes, CPT codes, revenue codes, provider NPI codes, NDC Rx codes
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement
Please note that, given the nature of customer and prospect discussions, some limited travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.