Data Scientist (Research team)
San Francisco, CA
Clarify Health Solutions is committed to generating insights that demonstrate the power and impact of Clarify’s key product offerings. This is made possible by our investment in significant data assets, including longitudinal claims and clinical data for several million patient lives, as well as by creating partnerships with innovative academic and industry thought leaders.
The Data Scientist role on the research team will focus on unlocking the research and analytic aspects of Clarify's product offerings, working closely with the Clarify data engineering and data science teams. The job requires a creative problem-solver who has strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills and can operate effectively in a curious, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for a range of roles, including (but not limited to):
- Lead analyst on a diverse portfolio of research questions; should be able to scope and manage independent analytical projects;
- Being the expert on where data originates, how they are mapped and utilized in our products, and ultimately what value data delivers to our stakeholders;
- Working with partners, prospects, and internal stakeholders to understand research requirements;
- Familiarity with the scientific process and hypothesis generation;
- Researching, proposing, and developing methods for analyzing data and creating models;
- Explaining research study design and advanced statistical modeling techniques to non-technical audiences;
- Creating reports and presentations to highlight important data-informed results and insights;
- Developing scientific protocols and analytic plans to document key analytic activities;
- Collaborating across teams to explore complex strategic and operational issues;
- Scoping research questions and developing scalable tools and process with research partners and collaborators;
- Contribute to long-term strategy and growth of Data Science teams, with special emphasis on operation at scale and engagement with cross-departmental teams.
What we are looking for
- We are a small but rapidly growing team. As such, we are ideally looking for individuals with strong leadership, analytics, and communication skills. We are also looking for new team members who will be a solid fit with our culture and have a strong desire for impact.
- Individuals with a passion for making a difference in healthcare and who are excited about the opportunity to work at the intersection of health technology and applied public health research.
- 3-5 years of professional data management experience.
- 1-2 years of healthcare experience, ideally involving applied clinical, epidemiology, public health, health economics and outcomes research, health policy, and/or social and behavioral determinants of health (SBDoH).
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external team members.
- Experience writing or contributing to manuscripts, research studies or other published scientific content.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to contribute to building Clarify with energy and excitement.
- Experience in data mapping, data cleaning, R, Python, and/or SQL a major plus.
- Master’s in health-related quantitative field (MPH, MS, etc); PhD a plus.
Please note that, given the nature of customer and prospect discussions, some limited travel may be required.