Sr. Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
The Product Design Team at Clarify Health is responsible for designing engaging and thoughtful solutions for a wide range of users, from doctors and patients to hospital service line administrators and insurance analysts. We are at the beginning of building our Product Design team so there is room to help define the engagement model with other groups and experiment with best practices and new methodologies.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you will create simple yet engaging experiences that satisfy user needs, nail business goals and are technically feasible. You will play a key role in the full product lifecycle, from partnering with our Clinical Transformation & Insights team (CT&I) to understand user needs and pain points, to crafting the user experience and ushering it through implementation with our engineering team.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes and user flows for new user experiences
- Create high-fidelity visual mockups of key screens and data visualizations using existing design system
- Help extend, evolve and standardize the existing visual design system as needed
- Create low fidelity prototypes that demonstrate key interactive moments and animations
- Conduct user research and synthesize results into actionable insights and recommendations
- Create personas and customer journey maps that illuminate user goals, needs and opportunity areas
- Facilitate workshops to explore opportunity areas, come up with new concepts and organize and prioritize output so that it is actionable
- Improve the usability and raise the design quality of existing products through ongoing usability testing and design refinements
- Overall, we expect the role to be about 80% UX and 20% UI design
What we are looking for
- 4-10 years professional experience working in cross-disciplinary product design teams, with a track record of shipping successful products (preferably enterprise / B2B)
- You are a “systems thinker” who can look at an instance of a problem, analyze how it might play out in different scenarios, and then create a “pattern” solution that will work in all scenarios across the platform
- You are capable of diving into highly complex problem spaces and sifting through complicated business requirements and technical constraints to arrive at thoughtful design solutions
- You can communicate the rationale behind design decisions effectively and accept feedback and critiques gracefully
- You are an autonomous problem-solver and take initiative to solve problems proactively
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, Sketch and current prototyping tools
- B.A. in design or HCI-related domain (M.A. or M.F.A. a plus)
- Healthcare technology experience a plus
- Front-end coding experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.